Monday, October 26, 2009

Right Off the Bat (The Wooden One)

When I contemplated writing a blog, I wanted it to "do some good."

While I myself VASTLY enjoy reading my own rantings, I figured you might not feel the same way. So for you, I endeavor to add value to these postings. This value (in amongst my self-indulgences) will include helpful information for that vast army known as "pet owners."

(See also: pet guardians, pet parents, parents of fur people et al.)

This blog is dedicated to pet people and, in that group, to my wonderful petsitting clients.

It's dedicated to the client who recently lost a pet and despite their grief, soldiered on and chose to give a shelter pet a happy home. In doing so, they honored the memory of their lost pet -- and provided a loving home for a pet that had watched and waited while "cuter," or more outgoing pets around her were adopted. Or to the clients who keep their pet looking absolutely, stunningly gorgeous, like velvet, because, when you love someone, you take care of them.  And to the clients whose doggie gets an upset tummyy sometimes and you don't hesitate to go with her into the cold night so she can go potty (and have company). And to the client who laughs at their pets' foibles and invites me to laugh too, recognizing how funny these beautiful beings can be. 

All I can say is, becoming a petsitter has piqued my always-growing love and interest in pets -- and restored my faith in humans.

No comments: